22 December 2011

Everyday powder foundation: Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Perfectioning Powder.





Since this product was launched, way back in spring this year, I have been developing quite an addiction to it.

What it is:
100% from natural origin. It has chlorofyll that brings oxygen and filters pollution, and linen powder for anti-shine.
Non-comedogenic, non-occlusive, non-drying.

Ingredients:
It contains corn starch to purify skin, moringa seeds to filter pollution, corn germ oil to help keep hydration levels of the skin, kaolin and linseed extract to help absorb oil and zinc which is a good oil absorber and has antibacterial properties.

When tested:
The texture is nice, fine and light. I use it with a big powder brush because I like the aerial barely-there-but-no-shines finish, however if you like more coverage you can use the sponge that comes in the case that has two sides, the classic rubbery side for heavy coverage and a more soft hairy side for a medium coverage.
The panoramic 360º mirror is a great plus! You can rotate it and close and have a big wide mirror for all your make-up retouches, this makes it perfect to carry around with you in your bag.
It claims 8 hrs matte and flawless result and skincare action: purer skin with each application. Well I have combination skin and on my forehead and nose it lasted for about 4 hrs matte. Its neither good or bad, its just average to all other powder foundations. The rest of the face was in pretty good shape for 7 hrs or more. The really good point of this powder foundation is that you can reapply as many times as you want and your face will not look cakey. I carry with me the Too Faced  retractable kabuki brush and I reapply every 4 hrs or so having the same aerial finish as the first time. Very comfortable to wear.
After a continued use I don't know about the purer skin action but it doesn't make your skin break out.
I am a Mac NC30 skin tone and 55 Beige Foncé or dark beige blends perfectly with my skin tone, it's neither too pink or too yellow, just perfect.

Overall, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment